Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lisa M Olson" <lisa_molson@m...>
Date:  Wed May 10, 2000  11:49 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Those who can't, teach.

--

On Wed, 10 May 2000 11:54:07 Jacqueline/Connie wrote:
"A great singer isn't automatically a great teacher!
If in our hearts we don't want to teach; we only want to
perform; then teaching will feel like a cop out because
it is one. If we teach because we love to watch the
face of a student as they overcome an obstacle or
we feel the pride of accomplishment through the
accomplishments of our students under our guidance,
then we teach because we should teach."

AMEN SISTER!!!!! I think more people should realize this. There are
wonderfully talented teachers out there, and there are wonderfully talented
singers, but not everyone is both!