Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Date:  Sat Oct 6, 2001  4:44 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] re: A Personal Question

Milena:
In light of the thread that you have started, it's been interesting to me
that we haven't addressed the issue here of two things that have been
talked about many times on Vocalist:

1) Your age & the development of your voice. Voices & ranges change over
the years as they mature. It would be rare as you study over the years
that your range would not get higher &/or lower. Perhaps you haven't
reached your peak or have found a comfortable way to reach it
consistently on pitch.

2) The type of soprano that you are/will become. Your friends that are
telling you that your teacher isn't helping you might not be the same
type of soprano that you are. We've discussed the "fach" system here many
times. They may be lyric or coluartura (okay, I know that's spelled wrong
but it doesn't come up in the spell check) sopranos but you might be a
dramatic soprano, & therefore, the range & brightness or darkness of the
voices are different & so is the repetoire.

Just a few more things to consider...

Pat

14570 Re: A Personal Question ODivaTina@a...   Sun  10/7/2001   2 KB

emusic.com