Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Fri May 5, 2000  9:38 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Duets for two tenors...

On Wed, 3 May 2000, Richard Barrett wrote:

> I'm looking for tenor/tenor duets from all genres - opera, sacred, musical
> theatre, etc. Anybody have any suggestions?

There is at least one for Macduff and Malcolm in Act IV of Verdi's
MACBETH; one right after Macduff's aria, and the second after Macbeth is
slain. Only problem is I think they may both be with chorus - I know the
second one is.

There's a duet for two tenors in Rossini's ELISABETTA, REGINA
D'INGHILTERRA.

Purcell wrote at least two tenor duets. "After war" from his Welcome Ode
"Great Parent, Hail to Thee" (Z327) and "And now when the renown'd" from
his Welcome Ode "Of Old When Heroes Thought it Base" (Z333).

There are also two Berlioz tenor duets "L'onde fremit" from his LE PECHEUR
(H.55b/1) and Aupres de moi Colette from his PLEURE, PAUVRE COLETTE
(H.11).

Monteverdi's madrigal "Zefiro Torna" is a duet for tenors.

Oscar Straus's operetta EIN WALZERTRAUM has a duet for two tenors -
Montschki and Niki - called "Leise, ganz leise".

KM
-----
Ich singe, wie der Vogel singt,
Der in den Zweigen wohnet;