Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Tako Oda" <toda@m...>
"Tako Oda" <toda@m...>
Date:  Tue Aug 28, 2001  8:19 pm
Subject:  Re: Strohbass

--- In vocalist-temporary@y..., John Link <vocalist-temporary@y..., John Link < > matter) singing down to G1? If so, I'd love to hear them.

I'd recommend the song "Family Reunion" by the Oakridge Boys. Their
bass sings profundo G all the time. I'll try to dig up a recording of
my true profundo friend singing A1 and post it if possible.

Since my G1 sounded pathetic in comparison to that of real bass, I
never sang below a D2 in public. Since I specialize in the avant
garde I have the freedom to use an altogether different register for
low notes now. You may hear an example my producing E1 here:

http://people.mills.edu/toda/sounds/truth_deep.wav

You'll need to play that on real speakers - typical PC speakers
doesn't have the range to reproduce notes that low.

Besides the short clip from before:

I posted a new clip of my singing bass in an acappella group in which
I normally sang soprano (only down to C#2):