Vocalist.org archive

From:  leskayc@a...
leskayc@a...
Date:  Thu Aug 16, 2001  6:16 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] MED: Flixonase vs. Nasonex

In a message dated 8/16/01 12:18:05 PM Central Daylight Time,
ingo_d@y... writes:
ingo_d@y... writes:

> He also mentioned that I have some "irregularities" in my nasal
> cartiledge and that surgery might help alleviate my symptoms,
> although he was very doubful that it would. Again, does anyone have
> any experience with this type of surgery and what affect it could
> have?

My daughter has had sinus/allergy/stuffy nose problems her entire life (she
is 18) and last April she had an in-office procedure called a "somnoplasty"
done. This was to reduce the size of the nasal turbinates as they were
enlarged and causing quite a bit of difficulty. The procedure took about 10
minutes, was virtually painless, she had a slight stuffy nose for a day or
two, but hey, she has been stopped up for years..............! Anyway, the
procedure was a roaring success-she breathes much more easily, has not had
the first sinus problem since it was done. Now it has only been 7 months and
we are now heading into her worst season, but so far she is very pleased with
the results of this procedure. She is also an accomplished soprano, and we
think that there is lots more resonance now than before! Good Luck!

Leslie

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
13749 Is it just a quiet week in Lake Wobegon or what? Karen Mercedes   Fri  8/17/2001   2 KB
13751 Re: Is it just a quiet week in Lake Wobegon or wh Ian Belsey   Fri  8/17/2001   2 KB
13753 Re: Is it just a quiet week in Lake Wobegon or wh agoldhammer@y...   Fri  8/17/2001   2 KB
13758 Re: Is it just a quiet week in Lake Wobegon or wh Karen Mercedes   Fri  8/17/2001   3 KB

emusic.com