Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Link <johnlink@n...>
John Link <johnlink@n...>
Date:  Sat Jul 14, 2001  4:33 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Young baritone needs wedding song

mike wrote;

>'wave' would be great. "the fundamental loneliness goes whenever two
>can dream a dream together". the only problem with this song and a lot of
>the others you suggested is, if this is for the ceremony itself, some
>churches won't go for it unless god gets his honorable mention. (this, of
>course, is not true of all churches.)

It can be an issue, but there are many churches where everything I
suggested would be fine. I'm now reminded of one more Paul McCartney
song that I once performed at the request of the bride and the groom
(I wouldn't have had the nerve the suggest it):

When I'm Sixty-Four

At the last moment the bass player refused to play it (which was too
bad because we had worked out a great bass line), but it worked just
fine for guitar (me) and voice (someone else).

By the way, in Beatlesongs, by William J. Dowdling, Paul McCartney is
quoted as saying that he wrote that song when he was fifteen or
sixteen, which would have been '57 or '58. What was a teenager up to
writing such a charming, corny, well-structured song in such an old
style in the late 50's? I think that has something to do with the
versatility of what the Beatles were to become.

John Link

http://www.mp3.com/JohnLinkFeldenkrais
http://www.mp3.com/JohnLinkVocalQuintet

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
13166 Re: Young baritone needs wedding song John Link   Sat  7/14/2001   2 KB
13183 Re: Young baritone needs wedding song Jennifer   Sun  7/15/2001   2 KB

emusic.com