Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Greypins@a...
Date:  Tue Jul 3, 2001  5:20 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] trusting recordings,was: students who quit

john,

good point about the recording quality differences. still, there is a
lot to be looked at besides the tricked up aspects. we can compare bad live
recordings of famous singers with their studio recordings and not have a
problem recognizing them as the same singer (and when i say that, i mean with
regard to how they sing and generally, what they sound like) so, we can look
at those aspects of our performances and those of the big stars and compare
those elements that are little affected by recording quality. even on a
piece of crap, we will recognize a great singer's ability.

mike

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
13013 Re: trusting recordings,was: students who quit Elizabeth Finkler   Tue  7/3/2001   3 KB
13016 Re: trusting recordings,was: students who quit EarlyMusik@a...   Tue  7/3/2001   2 KB
13031 How we look on video,was: trusting recordings,was John Alexander Blyth   Wed  7/4/2001   4 KB
13051 Re: trusting recordings,was: students who quit John Alexander Blyth   Thu  7/5/2001   3 KB

emusic.com