Vocalist.org archive

From:  MaryBeth Smith <mbsmith.sing@s...>
Date:  Sun Apr 30, 2000  10:45 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Oratorio for Soprano

Peter Louis van Dijk wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I need to do a short recital of Oratorio Arias towards a Masters. There is
> no problem in Baroque, Classical or Romantic repertoire, there is so much to
> chose from. I would like to make it representative across the ages and am
> looking for something written in the 20th Century. Any ideas?

Don't know if these are appropriate for your voice, or if the music interests
you, but there is some great stuff in Le Roi David (Kiing David) by Honneggar,
Carmina Burana by Carl Orff: how about Pie Jesu fromt he Faure Requiem? Maybe
stretching it a bit, but there's also some soprano solo stuff in the Bruckner
Masses; how about the Poulenc Gloria?

Just some ideas: good luck!

MaryBeth D. Smith
Coordinator of Voice/Opera