Vocalist.org archive

From:  dorisopran@a...
dorisopran@a...
Date:  Sat Jun 16, 2001  5:43 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Zarzuela!

In a message dated 6/16/01 11:25:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time, erniev@2...
writes:

<< Obviously, it came to the general public's attention via the biggest name
& hardest working operatic singer in the biz - Placido Domingo (imo). >>

Yes, true! However, the first recorded zarzuela arias I ever heard were sung
by Victoria de los Angeles. The first time I ever heard, heard of or saw
Placido, he was singing Pinkington in Madama Butterfly with City Opera, and
of course he was wonderful. It was quite a number of years later that I
heard him in Zarzuela.

Doris in Teaneck, New Jersey where Placido lived for a time!

emusic.com