Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Tue Apr 24, 2001  12:37 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Treemonisha-Koanga

There's a KOANGA website with the libretto:
http://members.nbci.com/wbthomp/ko-main.html

There was a CD reissue a few years ago, but it's out of print now. I
suggest checking with some used LP and CD stores/websites, and possibly
also Ebay (everything turns up there eventually, I'm told). If you can't
find a recording, there are some real audio and MIDI clips on the website.

For the score, your best bet is to try an interlibrary loan request. Do
this at your local public library or university library. I've never NOT
been able to get a score I was seeking, no matter how obscure, through
interlibrary loan (and patience).

There was a recording of TREEMONISHA some years ago that turns up (a lot)
at used record sales, Goodwill stores, etc. It may have been reissued on
CD, but I can't confirm this because I can't seem to connect to the Web at
the moment.

KM
=====
My NEIL SHICOFF Website: