Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
Date:  Thu Apr 19, 2001  9:18 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Taste in Singers, was:Mozart in falsetto/ how styles change (w...

Ah, too true... he used to live in this little town, by the way. To be
quite frank, I don't for a moment classify him as a true Heldentenor - in a
Wagnerian perspective he's more of a Mund than a Fried and not a big-voiced
Mund either, but lovely sound nonetheless. Try him in some French
Repertoire. Try him, try him, you may see!
I confess also that much as I love this adopted country, my home of 16
years, I still have only a European Community passport, in lieu of there
not ever having been a Scottish one - I also have some Scottish Chauvinism
in me, though in real life I usually try to avoid other Scots. I don't know
what to do with them... john