Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
Date:  Mon Apr 24, 2000  7:16 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Pavarotti-description in Jerome Hines book

Alain,
This is exactly what I do, and this kind of vowel modification helps to
find good resonance in the middle and lower ranges too! I suppose the
imagery is of it being up behind the eyes for me. I call these vowels the
'dirty neighbours" of the basic Italian 5, and have become very good
friends with them! Pav is definitely on good terms with them too. john

(...)