Vocalist.org archive

From:  leskayc@a...
leskayc@a...
Date:  Fri Apr 13, 2001  8:31 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] allergies, asthma, and stage fright

In a message dated 4/12/01 12:56:20 PM Central Daylight Time,
deanmacy@m... writes:
deanmacy@m... writes:

> Stage Fright!
> It is part of being on stage.
> It is always there.

Funny I should read this today. Last night when I got to church my director
handed me an anthem that has a small solo "blurb" in it. It is very easy
and I have heard it before, however I had never sung it. I sing in this
church A LOT. Everyone in the congregation has heard me sing, most of them
are my friends. I was fine in the rehearsal before we processed. I barely
got through the solo. Why? I was unaware that I was going to sing and
therefore did not take my customary INDERAL!!!! I am sick of having this
crutch. I never had this crutch until I was in my mid-thirties and my
physician father decided to help me out before a solo performance I was
whining about. The darn things work great for me-no pounding heart, no short
of breath feeling...........But at this stage in my life I should be able to
stand up and sing a little dinky solo blurb without taking a drug! I am
really ticked at myself, have jury and a recital coming up (at a community
arts school, not college, I am 43........), Any suggestions for giving up a
serious crutch?

Leslie

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
11121 Inderal (was: stage fright) Isabelle Bracamonte   Fri  4/13/2001   2 KB
11132 Re: allergies, asthma, and stage fright khanneso@u...   Sat  4/14/2001   2 KB

emusic.com