Vocalist.org archive

From:  Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...>
Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...>
Date:  Sat Apr 7, 2001  1:53 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Question

> > "Ah" is the only vowel that is listed on vowel
> charts with both a
> > forward placement and a back placement... It has
> been my experience... that
> > if the ah vowel is placed too far back, the sound
> can become too heavy.

> inner smile on my "ah" and at
> other times as putting more of a "a" sound (as in
> cat) into my "ah." I think
> that it is the same concept as what you describe as
> making the "ah" more forward.

Isn't it strange the way our mental concepts influence
what we do. When I think "UH" it just makes a
backwards "ah" fly right into a nice, free, forward
place. I must have a strange, forward concept of
"uh."

I guess this is why we will never be able to teach
voice with the so-called "scientific" method --
there's just no one-size-fits-all rule to fix every
vocal problem.

Isabelle B.

=====
Isabelle Bracamonte