Vocalist.org archive

From:  Nancy Fontana <cantabella_nf@y...>
Nancy Fontana <cantabella_nf@y...>
Date:  Mon Mar 12, 2001  3:48 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] would roger wagner have cloned a human?

--- Greypins@a... wrote:
> i was watching 60 minutes tonight, sort
> of. they were discussing the
> horrors of human cloning and whether the
> parent(?) would be the parent or the
> sibling ("take me home, country road...") and
> so forth. having developed an
> incredible skill for misusing spare time, i
> started to wonder what would
> happen if a choral conductor decided to use
> cloning as a way to achieve a
> perfect blend. of course, the nurture end
> would have to be taken care of to
> establish uniformity of experience and
> knowledge... HEY! WAIT A MINUTE!
> what if the blend was TOO perfect. what if
> all those clones matched up so
> well, they sounded like a quartet? would they
> be louder than just a
> quartet? (it makes you wonder if fred waring
> had more than just 'puree' up
> his sleeve.)
>
> mike

Hi Mike - I couldn'r resist comment.
This reminds me ......of a gig I once did for
L.A.
Opera where they sound sampled every note
and vowel in my voice and then the Synth player
(wizard) who did this played a chorus of
mini me mE ME's singing a chorus in (gosh
I can't remember the Opera; it was an effort to
"save money" for the offstage women's chorus
in the Opera. They said upon "review" it was the
most perfect chorus they had EVER heard
(a bit too perfect) and ended up using a "mixed"
chorus. Just a a lil' tidbit of my life as a
vocal whore. Tee hee )

P.S. As you can see....I have your same
Incredible skill. I like you already. :-D

=====
Nancy Fontana
The Rocky Mountain Woman

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
10166 Re: would roger wagner have cloned a human? thomas mark montgomery   Mon  3/12/2001   2 KB
10195 Re: would roger wagner have cloned a human? Nancy Fontana   Mon  3/12/2001   3 KB

emusic.com