Vocalist.org archive

From:  leskayc@a...
leskayc@a...
Date:  Mon Oct 16, 2000  3:10 pm
Subject:  REP: I need a 90 second aria for a young soprano

Dear List,

Last night my 17 year old daughter won our local "Junior Miss"
competition-she was also the overall talent winner, singing the first verse
of the Schubert AVE MARIA, (most angelic, IMHO...) and wound up with $6,000+
in scholarships. To think I had to have a fight with her father to get him
to agree to pay for voice lessons!!!!!!!

Now she advances to the state competition in January. The talent there can
only last 90 seconds from start to finish. We need an aria or other
classical/sacred piece, preferably Italian, could be French, that is
appropriate for girl her age. 90 seconds is not a long time we have
learned, and the song can be cut somewhat but we want to maintain the
integrity of the music.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
Leslie

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
5590 Re: REP: I need a 90 second aria for a young sopr RALUCOB@a...   Mon  10/16/2000   2 KB
5734 Re: REP: I need a 90 second aria for a young sopr Karen Mercedes   Thu  10/19/2000   2 KB
5593 REP: I need a 90 second aria for a young soprano Tako Oda   Mon  10/16/2000   3 KB
5596 Re: REP: I need a 90 second aria for a young sopr sopran@a...   Mon  10/16/2000   2 KB
5605 Re: REP: I need a 90 second aria for a young sopr dorisopran@a...   Mon  10/16/2000   2 KB
5606 Re: REP: I need a 90 second aria for a young sopr leskayc@a...   Mon  10/16/2000   2 KB
5607 Re: REP: I need a 90 second aria for a young sopr Paul Sinasohn   Mon  10/16/2000   3 KB
5612 Re: REP: I need a 90 second aria for a young sopr Mezzoid@a...   Mon  10/16/2000   2 KB
5614 Re: REP: I need a 90 second aria for a young sopr Mezzoid@a...   Mon  10/16/2000   2 KB

emusic.com