Vocalist.org archive

From:  Leslie Jones <LJones@s...>
Date:  Tue Jun 6, 2000  7:04 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] crossing over

Re: Streisand's "Ave Maria":

> > Oh well, I stand corrected. It's the only album of hers I've ever owned,
>and
> > I could have sworn that's where I heard it. Must have been at a party...
> >
> > Judy
>Gounods Ave is on The Christmas Album.
>(No,I don't own it--I looked it up:)

And there's one other option of where you may have heard it - that
selection is on one of the old Goodyear series of Christmas recordings that
are traditional holiday listening in my family. Those albums are an even
more fascinating mix now - everything from Streisand to the Mormon
Tabernacle Choir, from Steve Lawrence & Edie Gorme to Richard Tucker to
Mahalia Jackson!

Leslie J.

Leslie Jones, D.M.A.; Contralto
Dept. of Music, Southeast MO State Univ.
LJones@s... - (573) 651-2339

emusic.com