Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Date:  Thu Oct 17, 2002  1:09 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Ethical ?

tia,

as far as ethical is concerned, these are your voice teachers, not
your spouses. you are their customer. if the customer isn't happy...etc.

studying with two voice teachers of different approaches is only a
problem if you don't take resposibility for your own learning. one does not
learn to sing in one or two hours a week. one learns to sing on one's own,
using the information at their disposal. having two approaches gives you at
least two options to explore. reading the vast amount of material available
on singing, good and bad, gives you even more options to explore.

we have all seen voice students who treat their voice teachers as some
kind of svengali. i myself have had students who've asked me for all sorts
of advice beyond singing, including financial advice (which is really not a
very good idea). voice teachers are voice teachers, not mythical beings
deserving of some kind of special devotion. they are your employees. make
them work for you.

mike

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
20550 Re: Ethical ?Imthurn Melinda   Thu  10/17/2002

emusic.com