Vocalist.org archive

From:  taylor23f@h...
taylor23f@h...
Date:  Mon Mar 5, 2001  10:47 pm
Subject:  Help- question for the list

Dear Listers,

I am currently working on a project in my "historical voice
perspectives" class at LSU. I read recently that a teacher named
Thomas Lo Monaco, currently teaches a method similar to that of
Arturo Melocchi(Franco Corelli and Mario Del Monaco's teacher), which
is similar to the method used by Douglas Stanley in the early-to-mid
1900's.

My question is has anyone heard of Thomas Lo Monaco? If so, how
can I get in touch with him? Also, if any listers have info on
the 'melocchi technique' or Doug Stanley, I'd love to hear it.

Melocchi was talked about on the list a few years back- but I
guess it's impossible to search the old archives anymore.

Eager to hear some replies,

-Taylor

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
9972 Re: Help- question for the list Ernie Valenzuela   Mon  3/5/2001   2 KB
9973 Re: Help- question for the list David Grogan   Mon  3/5/2001   3 KB
9976 Re: Help- question for the list Cynthia Donnell   Tue  3/6/2001   3 KB
9980 Re: Help- question for the list Axwell@a...   Tue  3/6/2001   2 KB
9981 Re: Help- question for the list Greypins@a...   Tue  3/6/2001   2 KB
9988 Re: Help- question for the list SMSchneider   Tue  3/6/2001   4 KB

emusic.com