Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Greypins@a...
Date:  Sun Mar 4, 2001  6:39 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] When and IF will it happen ?

In a message dated 3/4/2001 12:56:20 PM Eastern Standard Time,
gwyee@r... writes:
gwyee@r... writes:

<< Tessitura that were once high for me
are now the easiest place in my voice to sing. Subconsciously, I needed
"permission" to sing high.

Thanks much for your post, mike. I still need reminding.>>

gwendel,

you're welcome. there are some limitations we put on ourselves
mentally that seem physical. students who have trouble with high notes, in
my experience, have most of their trouble because they are only willing to
get there if it is pretty. it would be much easier for them to get there
ugly first, then worry about the paint job. (btw, if you are tempted to try
the 'i am superman, ergo, i can fly' idea, i'd test it out in the living room
first and the work your way slowly up to the roof.)

mike

emusic.com