Vocalist.org archive

From:  deliamay@h...
deliamay@h...
Date:  Wed Feb 28, 2001  5:09 pm
Subject:  When and IF will it happen ?

I am a 'serious' amateur/very occasionally professional chorister
(soprano) with quite a lot of experience of solo work in amateur
musical theatre and have been taking singing lessons for about 5
years with a lyric soprano. However my voice seems to be remarkably
resistent to making any kind of operatic sound - even my teacher is
surprised that nothing is happening yet. I would like to ask any of
you experts who started off with a 'baby' voice what it was that
happened when you felt you were making this vital progression. I
don't know if my problem is pushing too much, too little support (ie
not enough breath), the sound being too far back or what - i suspect
all of these things. What is the main difference beween an operatic
sound and a musical theatre sound ? I am 39 by the way so no spring
chicken, just started late !

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
9947 Re: When and IF will it happen ? Greypins@a...   Sun  3/4/2001   2 KB
10139 Re: When and IF will it happen ? deliamay@h...   Mon  3/12/2001   3 KB
9949 Re: When and IF will it happen ? gwyee@r...   Sun  3/4/2001   3 KB
9951 Re: When and IF will it happen ? Greypins@a...   Sun  3/4/2001   2 KB
9958 Re: When and IF will it happen ? John Link   Sun  3/4/2001   3 KB
9959 Re: When and IF will it happen ? John Link   Sun  3/4/2001   2 KB
9961 Re: When and IF will it happen ? gwyee@r...   Sun  3/4/2001   4 KB
9962 Re: When and IF will it happen ? Nancy Fontana   Mon  3/5/2001   4 KB
9963 Re: When and IF will it happen ? Greypins@a...   Mon  3/5/2001   2 KB

emusic.com