Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caiorossi@i...>
"Caio Rossi" <caiorossi@i...>
Date:  Fri Mar 2, 2001  1:05 pm
Subject:  What is healthy belt?

Hi,

Has anyone listened to the sample of a male guy ( Nando Fernandes ) belting
I put on the list's sound file area?

I have a Pentium 75, 14 kbs fax modem and 16 RAM... it took me a long time
to record and upload that!!! hehe

bye,

Caio Rossi

> Heavens no. I use mix sounds all the time with my students. I have
> done so for 15 years or more. I also use belt when the occasion calls
> for it. I have only been teaching belt for 8 or 9 years and it is more
> difficult to learn to do well so I only use it when neccessary.
>

> > also, if you are familiar with estill's approach, what exactly does
> > tilting the cricoid do? i can figure out all her other stuff but, her
> > description of belt made no sense (it was actually in gillyanne kayes
book
> > that i read of estill's approach).
>
> I have attended an Estill workshop only once (a LONG time ago). Her
> approach to belt is a little too mechanical and harsh for my ears. I am
> frankly not familiar enough with her work to answer your question.
>

> --
> Dr. Barry Bounous
> Brigham Young University
> School of Music
> bounousb@i...

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
9897 Re: What is healthy belt? Greypins@a...   Fri  3/2/2001   2 KB
9924 Re: What is healthy belt? Karen Mercedes   Fri  3/2/2001   2 KB
9907 Re: What is healthy belt? Caio Rossi   Fri  3/2/2001   2 KB

emusic.com