Vocalist.org archive

From:  "DIANE M. CLARK (MUSIC DEPARTMENT)" <DCLARK@r...>
"DIANE M. CLARK (MUSIC DEPARTMENT)" <DCLARK@r...>
Date:  Thu Mar 1, 2001  5:37 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Chest-register in voice training

Taylor F. wrote:

>Also, men speak in
their lower-register, while most women use the upper-register. As a
result, in most cases, the upper-reg of a man and the lower-reg of a
women are underdeveloped.

It has not been my experience, either as a singing teacher or as a speech
teacher, than most women speak in their upper register. I find just the
opposite to be true.

|\ Dr. Diane M. Clark, Assoc. Prof./Chair of Music Dept., Rhodes College
| 2000 N. Parkway, Memphis, TN 38112, 901-843-3782, dclark@r...
() http://gray.music.rhodes.edu/musichtmls/faculty/dclark.html

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
9875 Re: Chest-register in voice training Greypins@a...   Thu  3/1/2001   2 KB
9880 Re: Speaking voice reply(Diane and Mike) taylor23f@h...   Thu  3/1/2001   2 KB
9881 Chest-register in voice training Laura Sharp   Thu  3/1/2001   3 KB
9890 Re: Chest-register in voice training buzzcen@a...   Fri  3/2/2001   2 KB
9909 Re: Chest-register in voice training Laura Sharp   Fri  3/2/2001   3 KB

emusic.com