Vocalist.org archive

From:  thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
Date:  Wed Feb 28, 2001  2:56 am
Subject:  Singers of the Past

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Greypins wrote:
> do you guys know gino becchi and pavel lisitsian? also, there is a
> russian baritone, pantelimon nortzov, who recorded an onegin with sergei
> lemeshev. does anyone know of this singer?

Mike, I know all three names, but I have never heard them. Do you perhaps
have sound files you could post? (I hope our new site will allow us to
post sound files for discussion; I think it is very profitable here.)

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Ernie Valenzuela wrote:
> I'll add: Igor Gorin (what a elegant, noble sound)!

Ernie, I'm so glad you mentioned this great singer. I almost included him
in my response. What a horn! Does anyone sing the Prologue to Pagliacci
any better?

Mark Montgomery

emusic.com