Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Date:  Wed Feb 28, 2001  2:00 am
Subject:  RE: Re: [vocalist] Titta Ruffo's Autobiography

----Original Message-----
>From: Greypins@a... <Greypins@a... < >Date: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 7:49 PM
>
> do you guys know gino becchi and pavel lisitsian? also, there is
>russian baritone, pantelimon nortzov, who recorded an onegin with sergei

>lemeshev. does anyone know of this singer?
>
>mike

A colleague of mine - a tenor - who I sang with this past year in Zarzuela
studied with Becchi...& I have one of his LPs. Good stuff in that voice -
quite the buzz saw of resonance. Among Russians (or Ukrainians) - I'll
add: Igor Gorin (what a elegant, noble sound)!

As I said before - cantabile-subito has some good sound files of some of
the finest singers to present on the operatic stage.

Additionally - Mike - I'd like to add another singer who should be listened
to for the sheer effect of communicating & connecting with the audience
(if not for her amazing vocal prowess & power).
Patti LaBelle - she might not be to everyone's liking, but she's a musical
force to be reckoned!

EV

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
9826 Singers of the Past thomas mark montgomery   Wed  2/28/2001   2 KB

emusic.com