Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Tue Feb 27, 2001  8:57 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Wedding Anniversary rep.

Definitely look at "My cup runneth over" from Schmidt/Jones musical I DO,
I DO - it is lovely, and the absolute perfect sentiment for a long married
couple.

"Will you Remember? (Sweethearts)" from Sigmund Romberg's operetta MAYTIME
is another possibility, albeit perhaps a little melancholy.

The Irish folksong (words by Thomas Moore) "Believe me if all thy
endearing young charms"

Gershwin's "Our Love is Here to Stay".

"September Song" from Kurt Weill's KNICKERBOCKER HOLIDAY (again, possibly
a little too melancholy).

Irving Berlin's "Always".

"The Anniversary Song" by Al Jolson and Saul Chaplin.

Bette Midler's "The Wind Beneath my Wings"

"If ever I would leave you" from Lerner & Loewe's CAMELOT

Robert Burns' "John Anderson, my jo"

Johnny Mathis' "The Twelfth of Never"

Grieg's "Jeg elsker Dig", which in English is "I Love You" - and very
singable in English translation. A simple, lovely song.

KM
=====
My NEIL SHICOFF Website:
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/shicoff/shicoff.html