Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Date:  Tue Feb 27, 2001  4:30 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Judy Garland

----Original Message-----
>From: peggyh@i... <peggyh@i... < >Date: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 10:09 AM
>
>Dear Vocalisters:
>
>Did anybody watch that incredible 2-part TV movie Sunday and Monday
>on Judy Garland? (If the list has noted it already, please forgive me, as
I'm
>behind on my e-mail-reading.)

Good thread & an excellent movie through the experiences of the
younger daughter - Lorna Luft. The child playing Liza was a dead
ringer! What a smile!! The scene in concert on stage with her
casually dressed singing Suwamee gave me goose bumps:
what energy, enthusiam, excitement! An obvious re-enactment
of a palpable connection between the artist & her audience.

Judy was a force of nature & her throat was blessed by a greater power.
Thankfully - her CBS TV performances are aired occasionally for PBS.
And I imagine they can be found on video tape somewhere.

I'm off to a search engine....

emusic.com