Vocalist.org archive

From:  dorisopran@a...
dorisopran@a...
Date:  Mon Feb 26, 2001  2:37 pm
Subject:  organ voice concert

In a message dated 2/26/01 12:19:36 AM Eastern Standard Time,
sheilagraham@b... writes:
sheilagraham@b... writes:

<< I'm finding
it a challenge to come up with material for voice and organ that's primarily
concert repertoire (even if it's religious), as opposed to material that's
primarily religious, >>

Shiela, there is a group of solo motets by Hindemith on Latin texts. The
instrumentation is voice and klavier, but they're fine with organ. I
acquired the scores years ago and half-way studied a few of them ... never
performed any of them. Afterwards, I heard some of them sung in a concert
in a church in Stockholm. When I get down into my basement and uncover the
scores, I'll give you more information about them if you're interested, but
in the mean time, surely Karen or one of the rep mavins will help.

Another thought: Anything from a Bach Kantata or Passion would be lovely:
all the better if it has an instrumental obligato as well, as you're
collaborating with an organist. Of course they were written for church, but
this is repertoire you will hear and perfom more often in concert and
recordings nowadays.

Doris Long Thurber
soprano in New Jersey

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
9792 Re: organ voice concert thomas mark montgomery   Mon  2/26/2001   2 KB
9800 Re: organ voice concert Cynthia Donnell   Tue  2/27/2001   4 KB

emusic.com