Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caiorossi@i...>
"Caio Rossi" <caiorossi@i...>
Date:  Sat Feb 17, 2001  5:45 pm
Subject:  En: [vocalist] Okay - pregnancy and the singing voice

> Tako wrote:
>
> >Would God or
> > >evolution design a process in which 25% of babies died in
> > >childbirth?

According to my human evolution classes, there's this tendency of women to
have 'premature' babies ( and that would include a 9-month-pregnancy ).
Human female are the only primates who deliver their babies in 9 months or
less, and their offspring ( a.k.a. US ) procede developing out of the womb
what other primates would do before birth.

( THIS ONE IS SERIOUS ): A theory states that our upright position has
shrunk the pelvis, so the passage for delivery is smaller in human females.
That would have selected women who could deliver their babies as early as
possible ( therefore, would have KILLED the other mothers and babies ).

It doesn't seem to me evolution has come into terms with human childbirth!

bye,

Caio Rossi

emusic.com