Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Fiona Chow" <fionat@i...>
"Fiona Chow" <fionat@i...>
Date:  Fri Feb 23, 2001  7:05 pm
Subject:  Looking for... music scores of varoius kinds!

Vocalist,

It's been a while since I've posted, but I'm still reading and listening in.
School has kept me very busy. However, I do have a couple of music score
queries, and would appreciate any help in locating the following pieces of
music:

1. Piano/clarinet/voice arrangement of Schubert's Romanze (Ich schleiche
bang und still) from his opera Die Verschworenen. There are MANY recordings
of this piece out there, but I cannot seem to get my hands on the music. It
is, in case you do not know it, very very beautiful and well worth the
effort to listen to/perform!

2. A piano/vocal score to Handel's Alcina. I hear, (could be a rumour
though) that Barenreiter has just put one out - would anyone know if this
edition, if it does indeed exist, has words in ITALIAN, as opposed to just
German? I have seen Barenreiter Handel editions only in German, which is...
well, fine, except Alcina was originally written in Italian.

3. An arrangement of a piece by Pierre Gaveaux (late 18th - early 19th c
composer) for clarinet and soprano - Tromperer Trompee, Polacca - it's from
an opera originally. I hope I have all these facts right! Again, there are
quite a few recordings of this - a very light and virtuosic piece of music -
but I have been unable to locate a score!

4. Also - anyone know if there is a piano/vocal score available out there
of Vivaldi's oratorio Juditha Triumphans? I am looking for one aria in
particular - Armatae Face.

Any help in locating any of the above would be MUCH appreciated! Thanks
very much in advance, and keep discussing.... I am learning lots.

Fiona
fionat@i...
fionat@i...

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
9741 Re: Looking for... music scores of varoius kinds! Patricia M Smith   Fri  2/23/2001   5 KB
9742 Re: Looking for... music scores of varoius kinds! sopran@a...   Sat  2/24/2001   2 KB
9749 Re: Looking for... music scores of varoius kinds! Mezzoid@a...   Sat  2/24/2001   2 KB
9756 Re: Looking for... music scores of varoius kinds! singersuki@a...   Sat  2/24/2001   2 KB
9775 Re: Looking for... music scores of varoius kinds! sopran@a...   Sun  2/25/2001   2 KB
9780 Re: Looking for... music scores of varoius kinds! singersuki@a...   Sun  2/25/2001   2 KB
9781 Re: Looking for... music scores of varoius kinds! singersuki@a...   Sun  2/25/2001   2 KB
9783 Re: Looking for... music scores of varoius kinds! Leslie Jones   Sun  2/25/2001   2 KB

emusic.com