Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Rachel Parker" <despina@p...>
"Rachel Parker" <despina@p...>
Date:  Fri Feb 23, 2001  6:35 pm
Subject:  Cabaret Songs

Has anyone heard Jody Applebaum's "Masterpieces of Cabaret" album? What a
wonderful discovery! I recently bought it because I'll be working on
Britten's "Cabaret Songs" soon, and was totally blown away, both by Ms.
Applebaum's interpretation and by the other songs on the album, (esp. the
Bolcom pieces -- they're a hoot!). Previously I knew very little about the
cabaret genre (is there one?), and I do believe I have found my niche!

That said (or rather, gushed), I have 2 questions for the list:

1. Does anyone know of other recordings either by Ms. Applebaum or by
other artists doing
cabaret songs?

2. Does anyone on the list have experience performing cabaret songs? I'd
be interested to hear
from you -- how you approach them, how your performances went, etc.
(Feel free to e-mail
me privately if you're feeling verbose!)

As always, thanks in advance!

Rachel
despina@p...
despina@p...

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
9733 Re: Cabaret Songs Mezzoid@a...   Fri  2/23/2001   3 KB
9736 Re: Cabaret Songs Trevor Allen   Fri  2/23/2001   2 KB
9737 Re: Cabaret Songs MFoxy9795@a...   Fri  2/23/2001   2 KB
9745 Re: Cabaret Songs dorisopran@a...   Sat  2/24/2001   2 KB

emusic.com