Vocalist.org archive

From:  L Goodman <lsgdiva@y...>
L Goodman <lsgdiva@y...>
Date:  Fri Feb 23, 2001  3:21 pm
Subject:  healthy belt

Sorry this response has taken so long - but - here goes...

I like the description of a healthy belt being a "hard mix". Most of my kids
know how to do the lower belt naturally - so what I teach them is to bring the
head voice down into the mix register - so that they have more options. I
equate this method to the method many tenors use to extend their ranges - they
bring their falsetto down. I DO NOT work on the "belt" when we are doing
technique exercises. I work, instead, on finding a healthy, more italianate mix
- with more italianate vowels. I do, however, help my kids with material that
requires a "belt" sound. And, one of the things I emphasize is to SAVE it for
the "cash regsiter" - don't "belt" until the money notes come!

I'm sorry I can't get more specific than that - that is, with a screen and a
keypad.
register

Yahoo! Auctions - Buy the things you want at great prices!

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
9799 Belting Revisted via Estill Lloyd W. Hanson   Tue  2/27/2001   5 KB

emusic.com