Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Fri Feb 23, 2001  5:17 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Looking for College/University East Coast

In a message dated 02/22/2001 9:51:56 PM Central Standard Time,
Domisosing@a... writes:
Domisosing@a... writes:

<< I am from the West Coast and am wondering which colleges on the East
Coast have reputable performance and pedogogy Master's programs?? D.C,
Baltimore area would be preferable. I've been looking into the University of
Maryland and also Peabody School of Music based out of John Hopkins
University. >>

I was extremely happy at Peabody - I studied with Marianna Busching and find
her a wonderful pedagogue, although for those who pooh-pooh imagery, she's
not for you (but she knows the science behind it!). Stanley Cornett is the
pedagogue there and he is also quite good.

On the topic of what use a degree program is, my undergrad is of little use
(BM Music Ed - and I hate classroom teaching), but my MM in Vocal Performance
was the best thing I'd ever done!!

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com