Vocalist.org archive

From:  Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Date:  Thu Feb 22, 2001  9:26 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] the value of a music degree

> From Christine,
>I think this is the same argument that I have with homeschooling vs.
>traditional educational systems -- the social interaction from working with
>peers, the networking opportunities, the lack of distractions from day to day
>life in the ideal circumstances of the educational environment....
>
>Now that I'm putting on my flame protection from homeschoolers, discuss!!

Of course the great primary school years with the home schoolers meets a
crisis in the high school years when the social interaction finds resentment
from the NON-home schoolers. I know of a some home schoolers who as
part of their year undertook a one month course in STILT WALKING.
Don't know if there was a degree attached but I'm sure it could come in
handy. : ) Reg.

emusic.com