Vocalist.org archive

From:  Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...>
Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...>
Date:  Wed Feb 21, 2001  8:24 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] the value of a music degree

> developed. i remember a voice teacher who does not
> have a college degree once saying that early music
> should always have even note values or some such
> nonsense. i almost told her her ignorance was
> painfully obvious.

Is a degree necessary for this?

What does a college degree give that one can't put
together better, living in a city (San Francisco, in
my case) and studying
languages/theory/piano/voice/coachings on my own,
reading music history and autobiographies, going to
the symphony and opera and ballet and concerts? What
could a degree program possibly provide me with that I
can't recreate on my own?

Isabelle B.

=====
Isabelle Bracamonte
San Francisco, CA
ibracamonte@y...

Yahoo! Auctions - Buy the things you want at great prices!
http://auctions.yahoo.com/

emusic.com