Vocalist.org archive

From:  MFoxy9795@a...
MFoxy9795@a...
Date:  Wed Feb 21, 2001  12:07 am
Subject:  the value of a music degree

> 3) Music history. It is so useful to be able to put
> things in context, to understand stylistic elements
> and where they came from, to be able to go to a
> concert and have some idea what to expect and a basis
> for comparison (and the ability to explain things to
> my non-musically trained friends).

i agree. music history gives the larger picture of how the elements of music
developed. i remember a voice teacher who does not have a college degree
once saying that early music should always have even note values or some such
nonsense. i almost told her her ignorance was painfully obvious.

> 5) Recitals, both the ones I had the opportunity to
> perform in (any performance experience is a good
> thing!) as well as those I had the opportunity to
> watch (at least one a week).

we had at least a couple a day to choose from. we got to hear a lot of
music!!!

Greypins@a...Mezzoid@a...kjensen@c...Greypins@a...MFoxy9795@a...
  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
9660 Re: the value of a music degree Isabelle Bracamonte   Wed  2/21/2001   2 KB
9662 Re: the value of a music degree Greypins@a...   Wed  2/21/2001   2 KB
9664 Re: the value of a music degree Gina   Wed  2/21/2001   2 KB
9665 Re: the value of a music degree Mezzoid@a...   Wed  2/21/2001   3 KB
9669 Re: the value of a music degree Shannon   Wed  2/21/2001   4 KB
9685 Re: the value of a music degree Reg Boyle   Thu  2/22/2001   2 KB
9667 Re: the value of a music degree kjensen@c...   Wed  2/21/2001   4 KB
9668 Re: the value of a music degree Greypins@a...   Wed  2/21/2001   2 KB
9673 Re: the value of a music degree MFoxy9795@a...   Wed  2/21/2001   3 KB

emusic.com