Vocalist.org archive

From:  Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Date:  Tue Feb 20, 2001  11:15 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] off-topic: the death of 97.1 FM WNIB Chicago, IL USA

Yes, although my husband & I have made it a little game, along with some
of our friends, to make a point of tuning in for long enough to figure
out who the "singer(s) du jour" will be. Sounded like the Eagles today (I
think...). We can't figure out why they didn't at least keep playing
classical until they had a new format in place. Snif, snif!

I noticed this morning that WFMT seems to have loosened up a bit. First
time I heard Carl Grapentine laugh & joke like this since he was on WNIB.
Anyway, if you are looking for the old radio show program that NIB used
to play or some other classical music, try WDCB 90.9 FM. They're the real
jazz station in town but they play the radio show on Saturday afternoons
at the same time (but we miss Jean Franks & All Chicago Jazz!) &
classical on Sundays from 6:00 am - 6:00 pm.

Pat

On Mon, 19 Feb 2001 19:32:21 -0600 Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>