Vocalist.org archive

From:  Gina <classicalsinger@e...>
Gina <classicalsinger@e...>
Date:  Tue Feb 20, 2001  8:52 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] diction: german ach sound

Dre,

These are terrific! Your reading of the text is beautiful and
demonstrates clearly the proper pronunciation of these sounds. Thank
you very much for taking the time to do that... it was very helpful.
Do you mind leaving them up...? It's up to you, of course.
My ich sounds were fine, but on ach and och, there is a little more
fleshy sound from the rattle of the back of the tongue than I was
putting in, and so I have fixed this with my German arias. I was
shying away from it because it isn't quite pretty :-)

Gina

emusic.com