Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Laura Sharp" <lasharp@n...>
"Laura Sharp" <lasharp@n...>
Date:  Tue Feb 20, 2001  5:07 pm
Subject:  Voice docs? Taste of blood question: WAS healthy belt

When I started this whole discussion is was to ask what might be happening
to the young girl. But I don't think any of our resident list doctors read
that post. I'm adding a call for doctor responses to the subject, hoping
they'll respond.

To repeat: a young girl I work with has been attempting to belt in
performances with a theatre training group here. She has experienced the
taste of blood in her mouth while singing and has seen bruise-like marks at
the base of her throat as well. She tells me they disappear when she stops
singing. her mother has also noticed this. All of this happened during a 2
month hiatus from lessons, so I was not aware she was singing this
literature and so was unable to guide her. She normally has a good light
mix, but mostly sings "legit" musical theatre and classical repertoire.

My question for the doctors was: what might be going on that's causing these
symptoms? She is being scoped this week. I'm appending Nande's question too
so you can see the two questions together.

Thanks again,

Laura Sharp