Vocalist.org archive

From:  Anne Cronvich <acronvich@h...>
Anne Cronvich <acronvich@h...>
Date:  Tue Feb 20, 2001  1:34 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] was healthy belt is now college musical theater programs

Back in the late 60's when I attended The American University in
Washington, D.C. we had special Opera Workshop or Musical Theatre
Workshops that met on Saturdays. They were 1 credit acting classes in
which we learned how to act while doing musical scenes. At that time I
don't believe Musical Theatre as a Major existed anywhere. I learned so
much about the acting side of Musical Theatre and Opera from that
teacher..I was a Theatre Major at the time and 6 years later I became a
voice major at a different school. What am I trying to say here? I'm not
sure. Could it be that a Musical Theatre major attracts students who
might be frightened by the word "opera". Anne

emusic.com