Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ian Belsey <Idbelsey@y...>
Ian Belsey <Idbelsey@y...>
Date:  Sun Feb 18, 2001  9:33 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] strangest singer ever to Mike & Ernie

O Mike,

Boris Karloff?!?! Hilarious!! I didn't mean that Scott
was influenced by Englebert's style of music, but in
that big beefy classicalish way of delivery. Goodness
only knows that their styles of music were very
different!! I think he may have heard Enge's delivery
and thought "Yep, I can do that too" and promptly did!

And to Ernie's post; nope, Roger Whittaker doesn't
come into my idea of classical pop!! Lovely artist he
may be!!! And Tom Jones as a Heldentenor? Now, that's
interesting!! He would be the sexiest Wagnerian ever I
guess!!? It would be most amusing to see our Tom at
Covent Garden as Siegfried with all those bejewelled
ladies throwing their corsets at him!! Heheh! What a
picture!

All the best,

Ian