Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Date:  Sun Feb 18, 2001  5:12 pm
Subject:  [vocalist] Patelsons web site

----Original Message-----
>From: Elisabeth Kisselstein <zerbinetta713@h...>
>Subject: [vocalist] Patelsons web site
>Date: Sunday, February 18, 2001 10:29 AM
>
>Greetings to all! As a result of my recital rep question, I discovered
that
>Patelsons Music House (in New York City around the corner from Carnegie
>Hall) now has a web site and didn't know if you all knew about it. It's
>different: the site has links to pretty much every publisher I can think
of,
>and you have to get the info from the publisher's site and plug it into
>Patelsons. I haven't tried it yet myself as I had phoned in my order. On

>openeing my package, out fell the business card with the web site
address.
>Here's the link:
>
>http://www.patelson.com/

I'd be curious in knowing the price comparison between Patelson's &
Classical Vocal Reprints/Repertoire's inventory. The Patelson prices must
be high - simply based on its operational costs (its location in Mid-Town
Manhattan makes me think its expenses transfer to added costs to the
customer). Out of curiosity - did you consider searching CVR?

On a side bar & incidental info - the proprietor of CVR -
Glendower Jones - was mentored by none other than Mr. Patelson
when Mr. Jones was employed at the W 56th St (?) store.

EV
wondering about the degrees of separation we have in this world

emusic.com