Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
"Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Sun Feb 18, 2001  4:35 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Licia Albanese

Ms. Albanese was the stage director for the Bay Shore Lyric Opera "Madama
Butterfly" last year. (I was Cio-Cio-San's mother.) On opening night, she
was escorted to the stage by her grown son, and she happily told the
audience that he was her "Dolore" on the Met stage at the age of three.

E-mail me privately if you want more...

Liz in Sunnyvale (which ain't sunny today!)

>From: "D. M. Moore" <adinca@i...>
>From: "D. M. Moore" <adinca@i...>
>To: vocalist-temporary@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [vocalist] Licia Albanese
>Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 10:31:07 -0800
>
>I have a student (with no consistent access to email so I'm helping her)
>who is doing a paper on Ms. Albanese. Does anyone have any good
>sources/stories/whatever I might print out for her?
>
>Thanks to all -
>
>Diane
>Soprano in Silicon Valley
>Vocal Tech Teacher

Elizabeth Finkler
California: If it ain't one thing, it's another.
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo/
mightymezzo@h...

"An enemy can partially ruin a man, but it takes a well-meaning and
injudicious friend to really finish the job and make it perfect." --Mark
Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson"