Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
buzzcen@a...
Date:  Sun Feb 18, 2001  3:45 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] re: Healthy belt: general ideas

In a message dated 2/17/01 2:43:52 PM Central Standard Time,
Domisosing@a... writes:
Domisosing@a... writes:

> Barry,
> These explanations of belt are just as nebulous as telling a student to
> put it in the masque, feel like you are biting an apple when you sing etc.
> ..............#3,4,5,6,7,and 8, make me extremely leary, and go against any
> healthy understanding of how the voice works at this time that I know of.
> Referring #8, what is a "good soft palate lift" and how does one
> control
> the laryngeal lowering that simultaneously occurs? More, what is squaring
> the
> vowels?
> Big red flags for me on this one. Clarification would be greatly
> appreciated.
> Mary Beth Felker

I also find a big red flag in Barry's attacks on SLS students at his
institution.

Let's see the SLS teachers in his area make 2-3 times the going rate... hmmm,
people generally do not pay above the normal rates unless they are receiving
a superior service that is not available elsewhere.

When they come to his institution they remain loyal to their old teacher ...
probably because they know what they where taught before worked for them and
they do not like the pedagogy of the new teacher

They stagnate.... Why, because they fail to adapt to a new technique that
they find contrary to their ideas of what works?

Frankly, sounds like their may be some jealousy here.

Randy Buescher

They refuse to buy in

emusic.com