Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
"Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Fri Feb 16, 2001  8:07 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Okay - pregnancy and the singing voice

>From: Tako Oda <toda@m...>
>Some OBs have a higher rate of CS than others, they are not necessarily
>the ones with better outcomes, there is clearly a lot of room for skill
>and discretion outside of the true emergency situations. Would God or
>evolution design a process in which 25% of babies died in
>childbirth?
>
>Tako Oda

The only one in my immediate family who has had a C-section was one of my
sisters, necessitated by a breech birth. (Or, as she put it, her daughter
insisted on coming into the world standing up.) My grandmother had one in
1945 (fourth child).

If you want to get a look at how well evolution worked back in the "good old
days," visit an old cemetary and count how many gravestones are for a)
infants or b) married women in their 20's and 30's. C-sections and other
medical interventions sometimes insure that the baby will HAVE a mother.

Elizabeth Finkler
California: If it ain't one thing, it's another.
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo/
mightymezzo@h...
mightymezzo@h...

"An enemy can partially ruin a man, but it takes a well-meaning and
injudicious friend to really finish the job and make it perfect." --Mark
Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson"

9566 Re: Okay - pregnancy and the singing voice denanny@h...   Sat  2/17/2001   3 KB

emusic.com