Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Date:  Fri Feb 16, 2001  7:18 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] pianissmo -- how did Milanov do it?

----Original Message-----
>From: Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...>
>Subject: [vocalist] pianissmo -- how did Milanov do it?
>Date: Friday, February 16, 2001 12:54 PM
>
>Who can give me a "how-to" opinion on pianissimi?

Have you also considered Renata Scotto? I think in her prime
she was very effective. She's directing opera now & lives almost
exclusively in NYC. Do you think she'd be forthcoming?

I'm noodling with this as well - particularly at the end of
SOME ENCHANTED EVENING where the lyric goes:
never - let - her - go!! note wise it's: D,F,A,c1,e1
I want to make a blend & not go into falsetto.
It's a challenge, but not to the stratospheric heights soprani go.

BTW - on the same thread - have any of you seen the commercial
of Monster.Com of the funeral director making last minute
preparations on a "client" before showtime & the client has
the happiest (and uneraseable) of grins? The music in the
background is amazing - who is that tenor & what is he singing?
It's a magnificent effect of a blend in high pianissimmi!

The ad may even be @ adcritic.com!

emusic.com