Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
buzzcen@a...
Date:  Fri Feb 16, 2001  3:14 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] repost of older message?? re: Healthy belt

In a message dated 2/15/01 11:41:46 AM Central Standard Time,
bounousb@i... writes:
bounousb@i... writes:

> Their students are
> > usually very loyal to them. Often their students arriving at the
> university are
> > so close-minded to any other approaches or styles that they stagnate,
> don't
> > progress, and end up in contentious relationships with the faculty. I
> certainly
> > hope that this does not represent SLS teachers as a whole, but it is an
> accurate
> > picture of this area.

Their students are loyal to them because they have most likely helped them
quite a bit. I truly doubt that the students are close-minded about other
styles since SLS cuts such a broad swath stylistically, but they may be
stubborn about some of the approaches you may teach. Stagnate.... by whose
definition? LOL

Randy Buescher

emusic.com