Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Date:  Thu Feb 15, 2001  5:06 pm
Subject:  big picture vs. details was:[vocalist] Cadenzas and ritards

----Original Message-----

classicalsinger@e... writes:
><< She has introduced many a young girl to "classical" music as they try
>imitate her... can't knock that, can you? >>

Judy observes:
>You definitely can, especially if you're talking technique. AARRGGHH!

While I concur with your observation regarding one's technique - perhaps,
you're looking beyond the big picture into specifics.

The essence is that individuals are on the program - & as they progress,
they develop their own particular tastes, likes & dislikes (even with a
guiding hand). Similar to the path of a neophyte wine drinker: starting
at the "boxed" brands & by way of tastings - developing a pallette for a
specific grape & vineyard.
EV
Il canto, il vino = la dolce vita!

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size