Vocalist.org archive

From:  Gina <classicalsinger@e...>
Gina <classicalsinger@e...>
Date:  Thu Feb 15, 2001  8:24 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Cadenzas and ritards

Greypins@a... wrote:

> In a message dated 2/15/2001 3:15:44 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> classicalsinger@e... writes:
>
> << She has introduced many a young girl to "classical" music as they
> try to
> imitate her... can't knock that, can you? >>
>
> last week, i had a student's mom get her a sarah brightman cd to
> give
> her an idea about singing in female head voice. i think that style
> of music
> would be good for her and brightman, as you suggest, is a reasonably
> good
> model.

Yep, and also, it's one of the few that my step-daughter would even give
the time of day to, because it's "hip." When I was growing up, I heard
everything from Captain and Tennile (sp?) and Barry Manilow to
Carpenters to Elton John to Lawrence Welk shows, to records of South
Pacific and the Eagles. Lots of females singing in head voice at that
time... I was lucky. I didn't have a chest voice until college, only
mix. Weird.

Gina

emusic.com