Vocalist.org archive

From:  Craig Tompkins <craigtompkins@t...>
Craig Tompkins <craigtompkins@t...>
Date:  Thu Feb 15, 2001  5:35 am
Subject:  announcement: Vancouver Chamber Choir on tour

Greetings to all from Canada's Wet Coast!
The Vancouver Chamber Choir will be touring through the north central
states Feb. 22 - March 12, sponsored by the Allied Concert Services.
Repertoire includes Britten -- Hymn to St. Cecilia; Bach -- Lobet den
Herrn; Debussy -- Trois Chanson; Brahms -- Op. 93a; Schafer -- A
Medieval Bestiary; Washburn -- A Steven Foster Medley, Rise! Shine!,
Three Celtic Songs as well as other interesting pieces. If any listers
heard us at the ACDA convention in Chicago two years ago, you'll
remember the Schafer with its evocative music and provocative lyrics!
Here are the dates and locations:
Feb. 22, Burlington, IA
Feb. 23, Albert Lea, MN
Feb. 24, Norfolk NE
Feb. 25, Grand Island NE
Feb. 26, Yankton SD
Feb. 27, Rapid City SD
Feb. 28
Mar. 1, Watertown SD
Mar. 2, Jamestown ND
Mar. 3
Mar. 4, Alexandria MN
Mar. 5, Fergus Falls MN
Mar. 6, Willmar MN
Mar. 7
Mar. 8, Virginia MN
Mar. 9, Merrill WI
Mar. 10, Iron Mountain MI
Mar. 11, Watertown WI
Mar. 12, Newton IA

Many looooong bus rides to look forward to! I'm packing some fitness
gear and some good walking shoes in the hopes that the weather won't be
too bad and I can get some exercise in. If any of you can make it
please come backstage to say hi. I'm the tall bald tenor with the
silver beard (aka hyena #1);-)

Does anyone know of any vegetarian restaurants I might try? There are
several of us in the choir that are strict vegans, and we're a bit
worried about how we'll fare.

Cheers
Craig, Burnaby BC

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
17653 announcement: Vancouver Chamber Choir on tour Craig Tompkins   Sun  2/24/2002   3 KB
17654 Re: announcement: Vancouver Chamber Choir on tour Molly S   Sun  2/24/2002   2 KB
17679 Re: announcement: Vancouver Chamber Choir on tour Craig Tompkins   Wed  2/27/2002   3 KB
17746 Re: announcement: Vancouver Chamber Choir on tour Patricia M Smith   Sun  3/3/2002   2 KB

emusic.com